Monday 17 March 2014

My week with fluff, resin and spring

This week I have been a busy spring bee.  Not only have I been working hard getting things ready for wonderwool, but I've been doing it sporting a beehive hairstyle (my current hairstyle obsession) so I think that counts doubly towards me being a busy spring bee!

So, I've been making some lovely spindles whorls for the show, concentrating on using up some pressed flowers that I gathered last summer from my garden.


They are looking really pretty! I've also been experimenting with embedding pictures in my resin- I can't wait to show you the results. I've made spindles with maps in, illustrations and vintage fabric... 

I've also been spinning and dyeing yarn for my shop. Since I've got my new addition to my fleet (Maple the Lendrum) you cant stop me! 
The weather has been wonderful for drying yarn outside too.


I've also been really enjoying reading a retro favourite - "a country diary of an Edwardian lady" recently. I love comparing the way spring unfolds in 1902 compared with today, and learning wildflower names at the same time. Spring is about a month ahead right now! 



1 comment:

  1. Hi, we met at Unwind, yesterday. I bought a large drop spindle with purple sparkles and we talked about me possibly teaching a class on drop spindling and you showed me how to 'park and spin'. Well today I dropped my beautiful new spindle and it shattered, I know you told me to spin over a soft surface but I didn't. I've looked at your etsy shop but can't find one quite the same. Would you mind letting me know when you have mae some more with sparkles I would love to replace mine chopkins2011 [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete